Compass Patient Transport COVID-19 Notice
We’d like to reassure you that Compass operations have been designated as Essential Services and Critical Infrastructure in the fight against COVID-19, and we continue to operate even in restricted areas. We want to do all we can to keep you informed or our efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus and protect patients, riders, staff, medical personnel, and the general public.
Compass is Built for Healthcare
Our number one priority is always the health and safety of
all members of our community.
We are continuously monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) closely, and consulting health experts and following expert recommendations, including guidance from the Ohio Department of Health, State of Ohio Medical Transportation Board, CDC, and operating under the guidance of our physician and nursing medical directors.
Compass Safe-Health Precautions
Beyond simply monitoring the situation, we are taking active measures
to make sure those under our care are safe and secure.
- N95 Mask on Drivers with every patient transport
- Standard Surgical Masks on Patients/Riders with every transport
- Gloves on Drivers with patient contact
- Medical-grade disinfectant used to sanitize common touchpoints and wheelchairs
- Routine cleanings of vehicles’ interiors and exteriors including sanitization throughout the day
Additional Standards Implemented During COVID-19 Surge
- Patient Assessment Questionnaire prior to transport
- Screening all staff including pre-shift temperature checks
- Extensive Safe-Health training for all Compass Staff
- Routine Safe-Health Quality Control Reviews and Evaluations
- Mandatory time-off for any staff who may present with any symptoms
- Mandatory testing for staff who present with COVID-19 specific symptoms
Health and safety are all our responsibilities. We encourage everyone to practice safety measures at home, work, and when out. Washing hands with soap and water frequently, covering nose and mouth with a tissue or elbow with sneeze or cough, and staying home if feeling sick. Practice Physical Distancing and measures to avoid unnecessary contact with individuals, large crowds, and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Compass thanks you for your continued support, and we will continue to keep you informed as we take additional action.